Group Policy Editor is a configuration manager for Windows that allows users to configure Windows’ important settings with ease without struggling with intricate Windows Registry settings. This article will guide you through the various methods on how to open or access Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10.
Note: Local Group Policy Editor is available for Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education users only. This feature is not available for those using the Windows Home version.
Method 1: Open the Local Group Policy Editor Using Search
1. Search for Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc on the Start menu.
2. Once you see gpedit.msc, hit Enter and Group Policy Editor will open.
Method 2: Open the Local Group Policy Editor Using Run
1. Press the Windows key and R key simultaneously on your keyboard.
2. Once the Run dialogue box appears, type gpedit.msc. Hit Enter and Group Policy Editor will open.
Method 3: Open Local Group Policy Editor Using Command Prompt (CMD)
1. Search for Command Prompt by typing cmd in the search bar and hit Enter.
2. Once Command Prompt opens, type
gpedit.msc. Hit Enter and Group Policy Editor will open.