PDF is a handy file format that you can send anyone safely as it doesn’t rely on any proprietary software to open and view it. It has become an industry standard to send documents in PDF format, and professionals use it every time to preserve graphics and text quality.
If you are working on a Microsoft Word document, you can easily insert a PDF in the document. However, you should avoid using the Insert Object feature in Microsoft Word. According to Allen Wyatt (tips.net), it seems that the Insert Object feature relies on PDF programs like Adobe Acrobat Reader. And not every computer has a PDF program installed in it.
In this article, we will explore two ways to insert PDF into Word. The method works on all computers and doesn’t require any additional software except Microsoft Word.
Method 1: Insert a PDF as an image in Word
If the PDF document is graphic-heavy and you don’t want to edit the text in it but use it as a reference, you should all always convert it into an image and then insert it into the Word document.
1. Go to pdf2jpg.net
2. Click on the Choose a PDF file button.
3. Locate the PDF file and select Open.
4. Click on the Convert to JPG button and wait till it converts your file.
5. If the PDF has multiple pages, you would get the option to individually download it or download it all in a zip file.
6. Once you download the image, open Microsoft Word, and place the cursor where you want to insert the image. Then click on the Insert tab
7. Select Pictures. From the dropdown menu, select This Device.
8. Find the image you just downloaded and then click on Insert.
You can repeat this process multiple times to insert other images converted from the PDF.
Method 2: Insert Text From a PDF Into Word
If the PDF you want to insert in Word is text-heavy and want to edit some of the text, you can simply copy-paste it. However, if you somewhat want to preserve the original text formatting and insert it as it is, follow the steps below.
1. Open Word and place the cursor where you want to insert the PDF.
2. Click on the Insert tab.
3. Click on the small arrow in the Text group, and from the dropdown menu, select Text from File.
4. Locate and select the PDF file on your computer. Then click on Insert.
5. You may get this Word popup. Click on OK.
6. Microsoft Word will attempt to convert the PDF and once’s it is done, it will appear in the document.