Xbox Game Bar is a screen capture feature in Windows 10 that allows users to record their screen or take a screenshot while gaming. Other than screen capture, Xbox Game Bar also has an option to control your audio level and access the chat widget for Xbox live. But if you are a system admin who would like to disable this feature for work computers, Microsoft has made it easy to turn on or off the Xbox Game Bar. In this article, we will share two methods to disable Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10.
Method 1: Disable Xbox Game Bar Using Settings
1. Go to Setting by clicking the Gear icon on the Start menu.
2. Click on the Gaming option in the Settings.
3. Make sure that you are on the Xbox Game Bar tab. There you should find the On/Off toggle button for Xbox Game Bar.
Method 2: Disable Xbox Game Bar Using REG file
1. Close the Xbox Game Bar app using Task Manager.
2. Download the Disable_GameBar.reg file.
Note: You may get this warning “This type of file can harm your computer” on your browser. You can safely ignore the message and select Keep to download the file.
3. Once you download the file, you can either right-click on the file and select merge or double-click the file to open it.
4. If Security Warning windows pop up, click on Run.
5. Now click Yes on the User Account Control window.
6. Click Yes on the Registry Editor window.
7. Now click OK on the Registry Editor window with the confirmation message. With this, the Xbox Game Bar should be disabled.
Note: If you want to enable Xbox Game Bar, download the Enable_GameBar.reg file and follow the steps mentioned above.