In Windows, there are files and folders listed as hidden by default and can’t be displayed in File Explorer. These hidden files and folders may contain an operating system or program-related information. $GetCurrent is one such hidden folder with log files about the last Windows 10 upgrade process. $GetCurrent is usually a small size folder that should not cause any problem for your computer. But sometimes $GetCurrent folder can end up becoming a considerable size folder that should be deleted. Follow the steps below to delete the $GetCurrent folder in Windows 10.
How To Delete $GetCurrent Folder Using File Explorer:
1. Open the File Explorer by clicking This PC icon on the desktop.
2. Click on View.
3. In the View toolbar, tick on the Hidden items checkbox.
4. Go to Local Disk (C:) drive and right-click on the $GetCurrent folder, select the Delete option.
5. If prompted, click on Continue to confirm. And done, you’ve successfully deleted the $GetCurrent folder.
How To Delete $GetCurrent Folder Using Command Prompt (CMD):
1. Search for Command Prompt by typing cmd in the start menu search bar and click on it.
2. Once Command Prompt opens, put the following command and hit Enter button on your keyboard. And that should delete the $GetCurrent folder.
RD /S /Q "C:\$GetCurrent"